- A first total penile reconstruction using a tubularized pedicled abdominal flap was reported in 1936.
- In the 1980s, the introduction of microvascular free flap transfers started a new era of reconstructive surgery, which had a great impact on phalloplasty
- Free Flap Phalloplasty is now the more common approach, though some surgeons and patients still prefer local flap techniques.
There are two groups of phalloplasty:
Pedicled Flap Phalloplasty:
- Pedicled groin flap
- Abdominal Phalloplasty
- Bird-Wing Abdominal Phalloplasty
- ALT Pedicled Flap
Free Flap Phalloplasty:
- RFF Phalloplasty
- MLD Phalloplasty
- Re-innervated Latissimus Dorsi Free Flap
- ALT Phalloplasty
- FFF Phalloplasty
ZSI is the only European manufacturer of artificial urinary sphincters and of malleable and inflatable penile implants, as solutions for male urological problems (incontinence), sexual complications (Erectile Dysfunction), and gender identity procedures (prostheses for trans men and women).